- Average 5% yearly wage increase
- 36 hr week
- 20 days annual leave
- Rostered days off
- 10 days paid domestic violence leave
- 10 days paid leave for union delegates
- 12 days carers’ leave in first year
- 18 weeks primary parental leave
- 5 days secondary parental leave
- 5 days paid study leave
- 3 days paid compassionate leave
- Union flags flown on project sites
This is a great outcome for the construction workers but like many other costs which eventually are passed down to the end user, it will be interesting to see how this agreement will affect the cost of construction in Australia, especially in residential units over the next 5 years.
a blog written by, James Hannah Tax Depreciation Specialist.